Sunday, January 18, 2009

Here's a couple of things:
First of all, I've been such a pajamas wearing slob over the past two weeks that my seemingly-endless supply of clean pajama pants has run out. Every single year for the past ten years I've received like five pairs of flannel jammies from Santa. So, that's like 50 sets of pajamas. But I haven't taken the time or energy to actually change in to "street clothes" for so long that I don't even wear the same pants size anymore and didn't notice that until today. Looks like it's time to emerge from the Bell Jar and become a productive member of society that actually leaves the house wearing regular pants! Bummer!
Second of all, my dad's down in DC for the Inauguration festivities, and I'm sort of worried about him. He's always had a debilitating claustrophobia when dealing with massive crowds of people. I mean, the crowds don't even have to be that massive. Once when he was visiting me in Dublin, while I was working at a super smoky and crowded club, he had to leave because he said that the situation made him feel like he was "tripping on acid, what with all of the people crammed in there. Aren't there enforced fire codes here? I have to get out of here NOW." I get that from him. It must be a DNA thing. The very idea of being surrounded by millions of screaming people makes me feel like I'm the star of a very elaborate and terrifying Hollywood horror film. Like, being in Times Square for New Year's Eve? Gross, no thanks! Too many people, too many strangers' bad breath, and we can't even go to the bathroom like civilized people. Please someone fetch me a paper bag so that I can do some hyperventilating and ruin everyone else's good times already! Some folks are really happy to "be a part of our nation's history," but I'd rather be trapped in a prison cell than amid a crowd of prostrated devotees of whatever we're cheering for, because at least in jail there's a toilet and a small amount of personal space.
Third of all, yes, maybe I'm a bit jealous of the people that are in DC right now but there's a definite possibility that I'd have the mother of all panic attacks if I was there. This is one of the issues that I will deal with some day! God, just get over it you guys!
I'm going to bed now. I just drank a glass of milk, but don't worry, it was organic milk, so it didn't have any bovine bodily fluids in it like bile and snot and period blood that regular non-organic milk contains.
And, as always, thanks for reading my blog!
love
katie

(this is a photo of former DC mayor Marion Barry. He was caught smoking crack with several hookers in a hotel room, and then after that the citizens of DC reelected him. That's how fucked up the District of Columbia is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment