Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, it's been quite the emotional rollercoaster for me tonight, kind of like this:

Long story short, I sorta got dumped last night and now I'm single. I spent tonight watching "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2: Emotional Manipulation!"
Oh, the crying. Crying really hard gives me a headache and my eyes get puffy and then I fall asleep. It's really not conducive to being a productive member of society. I went out to buy some orange juice at the Chinese grocery store and even the emotionless cashier that I see every day, the one that has nary a smile or wink or acknowledgment to my existence, she was like "Whoa are you okay?"
Yes, Chinese cashier, I am fine. And maybe being in the checkout line, with four frantic and rushed Chinese housewives impatiently waiting behind me, isn't the time for me to dump my emotional problems on you. We have a definite language barrier anyway. But I just want to say thanks for asking why it looks like I've been sobbing my eyes out all day! Just like an indulgent and selfish white girl to cry and cry over things that are relatively immaterial, huh. I'm sure the cashier has her own host of problems, like how her sister owes $20,000 to some slavemaster that smuggled her over here from China on a leaky and semi-unseaworthy boat and now she has to work off her enormous debt in a dangerous textile plant for 15 hours a day for the rest of her life, without water or bathroom breaks or food. We all have our problems these days!
So yeah, boo hoo, be super sad for me okay? I'll update you about my violently changing mood swings on Facebook, the most narcissistic and infantile of websites.
love
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment