Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I accidentally did a really inappropriate thing the other day.
There's a security guard at my school, and I think he might be a little bit autistic (which is immaterial in terms of the following story, but I thought I should mention it anyways.) He's super nice and I like talking to him, and our conversations are usually about Curtis Mayfield. He loves Curtis Mayfield and is constantly listening to Curtis Mayfield songs and watching Curtis Mayfield videos on youtube. Superfly and whatnot. We've talked about Superfly approximately one million times, and I always say, "I totally loved that movie the time that I saw it after a party one night!" And then he talks about the same certain parts of Superfly that he loves. And the Superfly Live Curtis Mayfield performance. And how Superfly is totally "Never a dude like this one! He's got a plan to stick it to The Man!" But it's a good time, I totally like talking to our security guard and he's a solid guy. He keeps our school safe, which is very important!
So, the security guard and I had this whole friendship going on, right? So the other day we both end up standing in front of the vending machines at school at the same time, and he's like "I shouldn't eat this stuff, I'm gonna get fat." And then I'm like, "Don't worry about it, you have a really nice body!" I totally didn't mean to say that and it was really inappropriate. Now every time I see him he avoids my eye contact and doesn't talk to me anymore, about Superfly or anything else.
So, yeah, thinking before speaking is pretty important I guess because I think that he doesn't like me anymore!
love
katie

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard right now, I mean LOL! The funniest thing is that he wasn't flattered at all, he is just avoiding you, like you're a lech. Way to ruin a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is he married he probably thinks about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete