Saturday, February 7, 2009

I saw the most exciting thing on the subway yesterday! Some would even call it "MAGICAL."
So I was sitting there in the subway car and this guy in a top hat and cape walked in there a dirty little cart on wheels. It was covered in filthy red velvet! First, he banged on an old rusty can to get our attention. Then he pulled out a clear plastic box and showed it to all of us, like "hey there's nothing inside of this thing!" He put it back in the cart and then pulled it out again and there was a LIVE RABBIT in it!! Next, he pulled out a velvet bag that was covered in cat hair or something, and was like, "check it out, there's nothing in this bag either!" Then he put it back in the cart and rummaged around in there for a while and took the bag out again and there was a BIRD IN THE BAG! After those tricks he staggered through the subway car with the car hair bag to beg people for money, and I thought that I should probably give him a couple of bucks so that he could buy food for those animals so that they don't starve to death, but I didn't have any spare change. I hope they're okay!
So, yeah, magic tricks are very cool, I think.
love
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment